Careers / Positions Writer, Magenta
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Do you enjoy using words to create human-focused, inclusive experiences? Are you excited about the idea of refreshing and rebuilding four brands that are part of a multimillion-dollar industry? Would you consider yourself a word nerd with strong opinions about the Oxford comma, what makes for good call-to-action copy and the proper use of an em dash?
If your answers are all unequivocally yes, then you should consider joining our team at Red Ventures! We’re searching for a passionate and creative content designer to join our Magenta Technologies brand. Magenta Tech is one of RV’s newest brands, meaning you’ll get the chance to make your mark on a HVAC company brimming with potential. Your words and brainpower will be directly responsible for developing simple, elegant and empathetic product experiences for consumers engaging with four premium HVAC brands. You’ll also be primarily responsible for elevating each brand’s profile by collaborating with SEO colleagues to create high-performing content that meet user needs.
Note: This role is open to remote work on the East Coast or hybrid remote-office work in Charlotte, NC.
What You’ll Do
- Write engaging, useful and actionable content and microcopy for onsite experiences, including landing pages, blogs, user flows, modals and more
- Work closely with SEO analysts to determine content needs, address content gaps and write content to help optimize search goals, particularly with brand blogs
- Write human product-specific content that educates, builds trust and credibility and nurtures users so they’ll eventually be ready to transact
- Research technical HVAC information to dissect and translate into simple, informative articles
- Use data, user research and performance metrics to optimize existing site experiences
- Develop partnerships with stakeholders and within the business to source relevant content through research and interviews
- Advocate for users as much as possible
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in copywriting, marketing or journalism
- Creative UX/transactional writing, storytelling and brainstorming skills
- An empathetic writer with a solid grasp on UX and digital content principles
- Knowledge of SEO and how to optimize content for search
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to self-edit work and manage priorities
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-changing environment
- Experience sharing and presenting ideas in a cross-functional environment
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures spans 5 continents and employs more than 3,500 people. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, Healthline Media, The Points Guy, Bankrate and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
About Magenta Tech
Red Ventures and Trane Technologies are creating a state-of-the-art digital marketing, consumer experience and sales origination company for residential HVAC and other home services. We will still manage the best (branded and non-branded) online properties to attract consumers with diverse monetization strategies. Our competitive advantage will come from superior customer experience and best-in-class technology enabling new and disruptive industry capabilities.
This means our teams are focused on creating a superior world-class user experience that revolutionizes how people shop for their HVAC systems. It also means you’ll help take existing online experiences and make them much more meaningful.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures