Careers / Positions Editor - GameSpot
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
GameSpot--the world's leading consumer-focused games website--is looking for an Editor to join our team and help us in our mission of creating the best games coverage online. We're looking for someone who can not only write and present informative and entertaining coverage of games from all genres, but can also consistently find original angles from which to approach coverage. The Editor will create content with a focused eye towards what the gaming audience wants, as well as be a thought leader and help inform our readers of important games topics and upcoming games they should know about.
What You'll Do
- Work with GameSpot's Managing Editor to help define content priorities on a regular basis
- Be an active content contributor and write compelling previews, features, opinion pieces, reviews, guides, lists, and more for GameSpot every month
- Generate ideas for coverage based on the biggest game releases, news stories, and topics of the day
- Appear in videos, podcasts, and other on-camera opportunities on a regular basis
- Work with freelance teams and assign/manage external projects
- Attend industry events both locally and internationally when required
- Contribute to our peer-review system for all GameSpot content on a daily basis, as well as have a daily focus on SEO updates
What We're Looking For
- Three to five years experience in video games editorial
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to formulate/execute on content plans
- Excellent writing skills and a keen understanding of how to communicate with a passionate games audience
- Experience in working/managing freelance teams
- Strong knowledge of multiple gameplay genres and game series
- On-camera experience is a strong plus
A Red Ventures Brand
GameSpot’s (www.GameSpot.com) expert editorial team provides more than a million daily visitors with comprehensive, engaging, and unbiased game information for console, PC, and mobile platforms. The site’s award-winning coverage includes previews and reviews on the hottest titles, breaking news, live gameplay streams, original shows, videos, guides, hints, and more. As well as the millions of gamers visiting the site, GameSpot also has one of the world's most active gaming communities, with more than 20 million social followers across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and more.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 4,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, in addition to several international locations. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, ZDNet, GameSpot, Metacritic, Healthline, The Points Guy and Bankrate.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures