Careers / Positions Guides Editor - GameSpot
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
GameSpot--the world's leading consumer-focused games website--is looking for a Guides Editor to help drive all written guides and walkthrough content for the site. The Guides Editor will be responsible for the planning, assigning, and production of video game guides for GameSpot, with a strong focus on the biggest and most significant new releases every month. This editor will not only work with internal GameSpot editors, but will also manage a pool of experienced freelance writers to ensure consistent output monthly. As well as managing guides output, the Guides Editor will also need to take an active hand in producing content themselves.
What You'll Do
- Own the month to month guides output for GameSpot, including setting priorities around games to cover and formulating content plans around key titles
- Liaise with internal GameSpot editors and external freelancers to assign guides/walkthrough projects
- Take on guides assignments for key games, including formulating/writing articles
- Manage the production process around guides in conjunction with other GameSpot editors
- Actively track guides content performance and consistently identify areas of improvement
- Be an active participant in daily GameSpot QA for all editorial articles
What We're Looking For
- Three to five years experience in games editorial, with a strong preference for direct guides writing experience
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to formulate/execute on content plans
- Experience in working/managing freelance teams
- Excellent writing skills and a keen understanding of how to communicate with a passionate games audience
- An expert game player with a strong knowledge of games across a wide variety of genres
- Experience in SEO-focused content strategy a must
- Familiarity/experience with game capture a strong plus
- On-camera experience a strong plus
Who We Are
GameSpot’s (www.GameSpot.com) expert editorial team provides more than a million daily visitors with comprehensive, engaging and unbiased game information for console, PC, and mobile platforms. The site’s award-winning coverage includes previews and reviews on the hottest titles, breaking news, live gameplay streams, original shows, videos, guides, hints and more. As well as the millions of gamers visiting the site, GameSpot also has one of the world's most active gaming communities, with more than 20 million social followers across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and more.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures