Careers / Positions Writer, News & Shows - TV Guide
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
TV Guide is seeking a TV-obsessed writer to help our East Coast team cover breaking news and popular shows on TV and streaming. We’re looking for a self-motivated journalist who’s ready to dive into all aspects of TV coverage, from interviewing talent to writing recaps to working with the video team at junkets and red carpets.
What You'll Do
- Write, update, and edit multiple articles per day about popular TV shows that resonate with TV Guide’s audience, with stories including:
- Breaking news
- Show guides
- Deep-dives and explainers
- SEO-focused utility stories
- Help cover major TV and industry events, including comic conventions, awards shows, red carpets, press events, and more
- Assist with TV Guide’s video and social efforts, including potential on-camera opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with network and studio representatives
- Support the News & Shows Editor with planning and organizational tasks
What We're Looking For
- A pop-culture addict with wide-ranging TV knowledge and interests
- A fast, clean, and prolific writer with at least two years experience covering TV, streaming, and/or film
- A self-motivated journalist who can work independently, pitch often, and jump in where they’re needed without waiting for an assignment
- A quick learner who can dive into our CMS and analytics tools
- Someone based in NY or on the East Coast, or willing to cover East Coast hours, with occasional nights and weekends as required by industry events
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 4,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, in addition to several international locations. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, ZDNet, GameSpot, Metacritic, Healthline, The Points Guy and Bankrate.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures