Careers / Positions Senior Business Operations Analyst - Games & Entertainment
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Senior Business Operations Analyst, you will analyze & communicate performance as well as own operational initiatives for the Red Ventures Games & Entertainment brands including the likes of GameSpot, TV Guide, and GameFAQs. The role will include performance and trends communication, opportunity modeling, report building, and ad hoc projects. This person will engage and partner with senior leadership and functional leaders to shape the content and strategic direction for the Games & Entertainment brands. You won’t just analyze the data - you’ll own your work; from ideation and strategy to implementation; focusing on a variety of projects directly driving long-term business impact.
What You’ll Do
- Build, maintain, and present data, including regular reporting on core metrics and results for key stakeholders across Sales, Video, and Editorial
- Own data validation and analyses for new systems rollouts as well as across existing systems to ensure the business is operating at peak performance
- Develop and manage new tools for measuring and understanding the health of our business operations
- Own data and reporting funnels across several key pillars including site health, ad delivery & optimization, and commerce
- Provide in-depth analyses and insights to drive content strategy and product prioritization for key business stakeholders
- Work closely with cross functional groups across Social, Video, Email, and Product to drive business strategy based off data-driven decisions
- Foster a culture of steering data decision making and accountability for metrics and results
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in a highly quantitative and analytical environment
- Robust analytical skills and extensive Excel/Google Sheets experience required
- Experience using SQL to extract data from multiple sources and build out full funnel reporting
- Proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to take ownership of projects: being the point person to develop, design and implement process
- Comfortable working autonomously and collaboratively with teammates across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Stellar communicator: this individual will interact with/present to senior leaders, partners, a multitude of audiences on a regular basis
- Comfortable working with and interpreting large data sets to make real-time decisions and recommendations
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET