Careers / Positions Yield Analyst
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Yield Analyst to join our Red Ventures Yield team supporting brands like CNET, Gamespot, ZDNet, and TV Guide. The Yield Team reports into the VP of FP&A.
As a Yield Analyst, you will bring analyses and insights to people at all levels of the Red Ventures organization, but its core responsibilities revolve around how inventory is generated, utilized, and monetized. Every month this translates into an inventory puzzle with billions of individual pieces, and by guiding how these pieces are assembled, the Yield team contributes to the overall revenue growth of Red Ventures.
We are looking for a hard-working, naturally curious individual who can meet deadlines, prioritize a mix of day-to-day tasks and long-term projects, and work in a fast-paced sales environment. Yield Analysts are relied on as subject matter experts and contribute to projects with significant visibility. Yield experience is not required, but ideal candidates should be passionate about data analytics, be comfortable with ambiguity, and able to communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Work with client services, integrated marketing, and ad operations to inform product strategy, monitor and optimize active campaigns, and execute our go-to-market strategy
- Develop pricing, inventory, and product strategy for tentpoles such as CES, Holiday, and E3
- Help shape sales proposals by providing input on product mix, inventory availability, and pricing
- Test and implement creative strategies to optimize the performance and fulfillment of client’s campaigns
- Writing SQL queries to extract the needed data to provide senior management with ad hoc reporting and insights into the business. This involves using large datasets to build reports and dashboards directly from the data warehouse that identify business critical KPIs
- Dive deep into our data to discover potential revenue opportunities, diagnose revenue-impacting issues and provide recommendations to senior leaders
- Partner with FP&A, BI, Programmatic, and Sales teams on revenue forecasting and budgeting
- Work with Site and Ad Ops teams to evaluate the potential revenue impact from a proposed site/ad change, and provide recommendations and viable alternatives, as needed
- Develop new and effective ways to monitor and report on highly complex digital media inventory, particularly its consumption and monetization patterns
- Streamline business processes to mitigate problems that lead to revenue losses
- Stay informed of marketplace trends(e.g. CCPA, Deprecation of third-party cookies) and apply learnings to strategy for current and emerging lines of business
What We’re Looking For
- 0-5 years related work experience
- Advanced Excel and Intermediate skill with SQL
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, Word, Google Sheets, Docs, Slides
- Ability to learn new software tools quickly and independently
- The ability to collaborate effectively within the Yield Team as well as engage seamlessly with stakeholders across all of Red Ventures is essential to success
- Candidates should display both a natural curiosity and a talent for finding the signal through the noise and know how to communicate that finding to both peers and to senior leadership
- Experience with DFP/GAM, YieldEx, Operative, Data Studio, or SalesForce is a plus
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 4,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, in addition to several international locations. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, ZDNet, GameSpot, Metacritic, Healthline, The Points Guy and Bankrate.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET