Careers / Positions Senior Data Engineer - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join our RV Healthline Data Team. You will take responsibility for performing hands-on work required to integrate data sources across various enterprise systems and beyond into a unified data platform that allows for robust analytics, data science and day to day business reporting.. This process involves translating business use cases into data solutions through a thorough understanding of source system nuances required for a timely implementation. The role will also work in conjunction with analytics teammates to lay the required data foundations to understand the business context of data assets, and to actively maintain and improve upon the team's portfolio of value-add logic/code. Additionally, the role will work with various functional units to ensure solutions are successfully deployed, operationalized, and maintained.
What You'll Do
- Work with a cross functional team of business analysts, architects, engineers, data analysts and data scientists to formulate both business and technical requirements.
- Design and build data pipelines from various data sources to a target data warehouse using batch data load strategies utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows data to be accessed and analyzed effectively.
- Documenting database designs that include data models, metadata, ETL specifications and process flows for business data project integrations.
- Perform periodic code reviews and test plans to ensure data quality and integrity.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of experience working on Spark (RDDs / Data Frames / Dataset API) using Scala/Python to build and maintain complex ETL pipelines.
- 6+ years of experience in the data warehouse space and familiarity with concepts such as star schemas, snowflake schemas, Kimball methodologies.
- Experience in translating business requirements into technical data solutions on a large scale.
- Experience working with SQL DBMS systems (eg., SQL Server, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata)
- 2+ years of experience working on AWS (Kinesis / S3 / RedShift).
- Experience with GitHub and CI/CD processes.
- Experience working on code orchestration (eg., AWS Step Function / Airflow)
- Excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly.
- Able to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamically changing business environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with minimal supervision.
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline