Careers / Positions News Reporter/Editor - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthline Media is looking for a talented and collaborative reporter/editor to join our global news team. In this role, you’ll write, edit, and update news content for both Healthline and Medical News Today in the areas of health research, wellness trends, new treatments, breaking news, and more.
As a key role within the global news team, you will be expected to monitor all major social media channels, relevant wire services, and academic institutions in order to stay current on major consumer health trends and brainstorm content ideas with the larger global news team.
You will be expected to write 4-5 original articles per week as well as updating existing content as needed.
What You'll Do
- Research and write 4-5 original news pieces per week based on the current news environment and team publishing goals.
- Update existing content throughout the news cycle for both accuracy and visibility in search engines.
- Work closely with our network of expert sources and fact-checkers to ensure that all content meets our editorial standards.
- Collaborate with our design team to source and create impactful visuals.
- Measure the impact of your content by using Google Analytics and our internal metrics dashboard.
- Work closely with the global news editorial leads to monitor the success of projects, brainstorm content ideas, and own various editorial projects.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in English, Journalism, Medical Sciences or Science Communication
- At least 4 years of editorial experience, preferably in an online newsroom environment
- Superb research, writing, and editing skills, with a firm understanding of AP style
- Ability to turn research and writing projects around quickly
- Excellent working knowledge of all major social media channels, news wire services, including EurekAlert, Newswise, and others.
- Experience creating and optimizing content based on SEO best practices
- Astute sense of appropriate voice and tone
- Excellent skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and prioritizing workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable making independent content decisions
- Experience working with content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, etc.) and project management platforms (Asana, Airtable, etc.)
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.