Careers / Positions Social Graphic Designer - Gaming and Entertainment
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is seeking a full-time Social Graphic Designer to join our Games & Entertainment brands including the likes of GameSpot, TV Guide, and GameFAQs. This position will create graphics across key platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to engage our audience where they are. You will work closely with the Games and Entertainment social team to identify both trending and evergreen content to build both stand-alone graphics and engaging graphical series for our audience. Your work will encapsulate the voice of the brand and will shape the type of content our audience expects to see for years to come.
What You’ll Do
- Create social graphics for Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok on the latest trending news and topics
- Create Instagram Story graphics for both organic and promotional content using popular formats to have our audience engage through features like ratings and voting.
- Work with the social team to identify long-term graphical series opportunities and build out engaging series for our audience to react to
- Build consistent social graphic templates that encapsulate the brand voice for our Gaming and Entertainment brands
- Create and test variations on graphic styles and templates to maximize audience engagement
- Pitch content ideas to the social team and work with key stakeholders on creating a content calendar for Games & Entertainment
- Communicate with the Social Video team around graphical best practices as it pertains to thumbnails and promoting content
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ Years of Experience creating graphics for social media accounts and/or websites
- Experience with optimizing graphical designs to align with brand voice across various platforms
- Experience working with short-term perishable content that requires speed to market
- Ability to create and plan a quarterly content calendar with key stakeholders using historical performance as a guide
- Strong attention to detail and experience with a QA process
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set and keep deadlines
- Experience with Asana is a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in the gaming industry is a plus
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 4,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, in addition to several international locations. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, ZDNet, GameSpot, Metacritic, Healthline, The Points Guy and Bankrate.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET