Careers / Positions Director of UX Research
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We’re looking for someone who is energized by guiding research at scale and having wide influence across the organization. They are passionate about helping individuals achieve their full potential as researchers, designers, and strategic thinkers here at Red Ventures. You’ll join a highly collaborative and creative team of product managers, product designers, content strategists, and front-end engineers who thrive off of giving and receiving feedback, solving complex problems, and developing engaging user experiences that meet the needs of the business. If you’re skilled at collecting, analyzing, and organizing data to create a compelling story, and driving a deeper understanding of our audiences’ underlying emotional and functional needs, then we’re looking for you!
What You'll Do
- Manage project scope and priorities across our product portfolios
- Coach and develop a team of UX Researchers through advice, leadership, and skill development
- Implement strategic plans for evolving the UX Research practice within your teams
- Create an empathetic work environment that promotes teamwork, inclusion, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Work closely with cross-functional, geographically distributed teams of product managers, designers, researchers, engineers, and end-users to understand product features and functions and develop interfaces that map to the overall product strategy
- Manage multiple projects/initiatives between key business stakeholders, with a focus on leading teams towards a customer-centric approach to designing products
- Develop and evangelize standards for research validity, reliability, trustworthiness, and rigor.
- Plan and conduct consumer research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle—from discovery to prototype validations, to usability tests on the final product.
- Create surveys, administer to our audiences, and conduct moderated and unmoderated user interviews to collect meaningful feedback.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize research findings to provide meaningful insights and design recommendations to our product development team.
- Autonomously drive best practices, advance research and testing strategies, and improve processes so creative output is best in class.
- Manage research requests, recommend and coordinate studies, and maintain the research teams’ roadmap calendar of priorities and initiatives.
- Establish research frameworks, standards, and best practices
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of experience within a UX Research related function and 5+ years experience leading teams
- Proven experience in research roles in digital experiences and consumer-focused companies
- Strong expertise in Qualitative and Quantitative research methodologies, Competitive Analysis, Market Research, Ethnographic field studies, A/B Testing, Customer Feedback, Card Sorting, Tree Testing, Focus Group Interviews, Persona Development, Journey Mapping, and Remote Usability Testing.
- Experience designing user-facing sites adhering to WCAG 2.1 AA/AAA requirements and digital accessibility.
- Experience using digital design tools for wireframing, prototyping, and virtual collaboration such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, Invision, Miro, Axure, etc.
- Portfolio of work as a research practitioner on large end-to-end projects, demonstrating craft: from screener and test plan creation to moderation/facilitation, and storytelling to socialize results and recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly-developed presentation skills.
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- Bonus: Experience in the FinTech/Financial Services industry or adjacent field is preferred, but not required.
- Bonus: Either a PhD or MA/MS in experimental psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction, market research or related field
If a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19, as this position is required to work onsite. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate