Careers / Positions Visual Designer
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to join our Creative team, designing responsive and complex digital assets for the country’s biggest brands in the retail, home improvement, home services, software, ecommerce, mobile, insurance and energy industries. You’ll work with a team of Designers, Analysts, and Content Strategists in a fast-paced, challenging environment on a range of projects including branding, digital design, email design, social media, and online experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and deliver image assets for presentations, web, email, paid marketing, display ads, and other digital communication channels
- Use device screenshots, simulators, prototyping software (InVision), and design software (Photoshop, Sketch) to build assets for approvals, submissions & final delivery
- Make pixel-perfect adjustments to existing assets based on feedback, and adapt imagery across responsive breakpoints
- Work within a close-knit team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment to produce a high-volume of high-quality assets
- Work within, and advocate for, the creative standards of each asset/channel
- Share and document your knowledge and perspective with your peers
- Partner with copywriters to develop and design new layouts and imagery within established design systems
- Present designs both virtually and in person
- Manage work tasks using Asana, Slack, Google Docs
- Juggle a mix of large and small projects, often with overlapping priority and urgency (#always)
- Manage multiple files at once inside a collaborative file structure, with accuracy and a good attitude
- Continually adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves
What We’re Looking For
- A stellar portfolio and 3+ years of experience as a multi-disciplinary visual designer
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- A strong knowledge of illustration, photography, copyright, image manipulation, and animation.
- An innovative approach to storytelling through visual design and the ways in which images are used, composed, or illustrated.
- The ability to quickly shift from project to project.
- Possess a thorough understanding of marketing creative, design principles, advertising, and layout strategy
- The ability to quickly shift from print to digital and back again.
- Passion for your craft, with an appetite to continue to challenge yourself and those around you
- A team player with a positive outlook and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Moves quickly, finds new efficiencies, and keeps an eye on the small stuff
- The ability to communicate clearly with peers and across disciplines
- An eagerness to try (and adopt) new applications and working methods
If a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19, as this position is required to work onsite. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate