Careers / Positions Commerce, Managing Editor - CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
This Commerce, Managing Editor will play a pivotal role in CNET's ongoing mission to be the best destination for consumer buying advice. They will coordinate, organize, write and edit dozens of weekly stories focusing on sales and deals, working with a dedicated team of writers to maximize SEO ranking and traffic across multiple social platforms.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the creation and upkeep of commerce content focused on daily and weekly sales and deals, including seasonal content.
- Manage and contribute to "overflow" commerce content opportunities, including Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Prime Day and similar megasales events.
- Contribute to content creation, restock notifications and updates when necessary.
- Manage freelance and full-time staffers contributing to deals content.
- Onboard new writers.
- Help create and update CNET's growing list of gift guides.
- Work with the broader edit and SEO teams to review content performance and prioritize updates.
- Work with internal and external retail partners to line up exclusive sales and deals for our readers.
- Review and report on progress and efficacy of process.
- Ensure that stories are properly cross-linked on CNET and related Red Ventures properties (to enhance SEO profile)
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience writing about shopping and buying advice for a general consumer audience preferred
- BA/BS or equivalent experience etc. (concentration in Journalism preferred)
- Exceptional writing skills
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Experience with spreadsheets (Excel and/or Google Sheets)
- Experience writing under tight deadlines.
- A good understanding of online retail and consumer technology
- Experience with Asana is a plus
Who We Are
CNET Media Group is a portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. The CNET Media Group's portfolio reaches diverse global audiences in technology, B2B, gaming, and entertainment. These iconic properties include the world's largest tech media brand CNET, as well as GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TVGuide.com, Chowhound and more.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET