Careers / Positions Photo Editor
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We’re looking for a Photo Editor to join our Creative team, curating photography and organizing digital assets for the country’s biggest brands in financial services, mortgage, credit cards, and personal finance. You’ll work with a team of Designers, Editorial Editors, Social Media Producers, Video Producers, and Content Strategists in a fast-paced, challenging environment on a range of projects including branding, DEI initiatives, digital asset management, and original photography.
What You'll Do
- Partner with design, editorial, social, product and marketing on photo research and creating visual content, optimization for editorial content, social campaigns, and marketing content.
- Curate inspired, artistic, and accurate imagery that furthers our storytelling and enhances our brand standards.
- Proven ability to use all types of photo and design techniques. Demonstrate taste in photography, layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- Use device screenshots, simulators, prototyping software (FIGMA), and design software (Photoshop, Illustrator) to build assets for approvals, submissions & final delivery.
- Work within a close-knit collaborative team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment to produce a high-volume of high-quality assets.
- Ensure a high standard of visual execution and brand consistency in every article and across all platforms.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally, present designs both virtually and in person, give and receive feedback.
- Juggle a mix of large and small projects, often with overlapping priority and urgency (#always).
- Manage multiple files at once inside a collaborative file structure, with accuracy and a good attitude.
- Help lead diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts within imagery across Financial Services.
- Present work to management for approval.
What We're Looking For
- A strong portfolio and 3+ years of experience as a photo editor.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and graphic design experience: cropping, siloing, retouching, creating compositions and collages, adding text and saving for the web.
- Experience working with Digital Asset Management Systems.
- Skilled at organizing files, metadata tagging, and navigating CMS.
- An innovative approach to photography and the ways in which images are utilized.
- Ability to take direction well and work as a team.
- Ability to quickly scan through stock imagery and select images that are creative accurate, and on-brand.
- A strong knowledge of photography trends, photo copyright, image manipulation, and video.
- Passion for your craft, with an appetite to continue to challenge yourself and those around you.
- A broad grasp of brand, design, advertising, social media, and layout.
- Moves quickly, finds new efficiencies, and keeps an eye on the small stuff.
- An eagerness to try (and adopt) new applications and working methods.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of our mission and values, demonstrating an innovative approach to storytelling and conceptual design.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate