Careers / Positions SEO Director - ZDNet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
ZDNet, a leading tech publishing brand internationally for over 25 years, is seeking a Director of SEO to help drive growth through our organic strategy. This role will encompass building and evolving our SEO strategy for our portfolio of assets, leading a team of analysts and influencing content strategy to drive SEO growth.
Being a Director at Red Ventures means doing all the things you have always “wanted to do” but never had the time or resources to do at your previous job. It means working alongside a data science and engineering team fully dedicated to creating SEO products and tools that give you access to more data and better insights, meaning you spend less time on SEMrush and more time making decisions that impact the business.
What You'll Do
- Make decisions that affect critical aspects of your business and interact regularly with company leaders and C-level executives.
- Test, innovate, and build custom solutions with our world-class digital marketing, data science, and big data talent.
- Analyze organic search landscapes to find opportunities that drive valuable traffic and bottom-line value for the ZDNet business in collaboration with our experience and business teams.
- Set and experiment with content promotion strategy with experience and creative teams using a wide array of digital tools and channels
- Leverage our proprietary primary source marketing stack to report on everything from operational (production) progress to upper funnel demand capture, rank position, and full funnel visibility to conversion and P&L metrics.
- Keep our sites and pages technically optimized for mobile users and search performance - including information architecture, schema management, semantic HTML, page speed, and other components of crawling and indexing performance.
What We're Looking For
- A proven leader and developer of talent with a track record of driving strong performance and growth from your team.
- Always curious, with strong communication skills, confident, and ability to work with a variety of different, and cross-functional, teams.
- Passionate about innovating in organic search, don’t accept theories at face value, and enjoy testing to prove effectiveness of tactics.
- A self-starting, proven performer with at least 5+ years of experience in SEO.
- Innovative, on-the-spot, creative problem solver who demonstrates both technical and analytical skills; candidates must be comfortable measuring, interpreting, and making fast-paced decisions based on large volumes of sales and marketing performance data.
- Very comfortable working in the weeds with data using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, Google Tag Manager, and other common reporting platforms.
- Ability to work with HTML, CSS, and JS necessary to optimize page load speed.
- Familiar with a number of SEO suites and tools including: STAT, Moz, SEMRush, Majestic, Botify, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Brightlocal, and DeepCrawl.
- Comfortable working with business leaders in forecasting, budgeting, sensitivity analysis, and business modeling.
- Ability to travel to one of our offices quarterly.
- Find out why Red Ventures ranks above the rest https://inspired.redventures.com/inside-rv-life-as-a-red-ventures-seo-pro/
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 4,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, in addition to several international locations. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, ZDNet, GameSpot, Metacritic, Healthline, The Points Guy and Bankrate.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET