Careers / Positions Senior YouTube SEO Associate - CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET (a Red Ventures company) is seeking advanced marketers experienced in Search Engine Optimization, including content marketing and technical SEO skillsets beyond Google search (e.g. YouTube and Amazon search). As a Senior SEO Associate, you’ll support one or more of our businesses with our Media group of brands, particularly CNET (a leading tech news publisher for over 25 years).
Being a Senior SEO Manager at CNET means doing all the things you have always “wanted to do,” but never had the time or resources to do at your previous job. It means working alongside expert Editorial and video teams, advanced Engineers, and a world-class Design team to create a robust SEO strategy to drive brand visibility for a diverse set of brands, channels, and platforms. SEO strategy at Red Ventures moves fast, so you will have a data science and analytics team fully dedicated to creating SEO products and tools that give you access to more data and better insights, meaning you spend less time on SEMrush and more time making decisions that impact the business. An SEO Manager is an integral part of a successful marketing strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Set Content/On-Page SEO, Technical SEO and topic strategy from the ground up, collaborating with world-class Editorial, UX, and creative teams.
- Develop playbooks and best practices for driving growth from Amazon search and YouTube search for Red Ventures.
- Analyze organic search landscapes to find opportunities that drive valuable traffic and bottom-line value for the business in collaboration with our experience and business teams.
- Test, innovate, and build custom solutions with our world-class digital marketing, data science, and big data talent.
- Leverage proprietary in-house marketing tools to inform strategic decisions with data.
- Focus on improving brand visibility through organic rankings to drive full funnel visibility via traffic volume, as well as conversions that impact the bottom-line P&L.
- Keep our sites and pages technically optimized for mobile users and search performance - including information architecture, schema management, semantic HTML, page speed, and other components of crawling and indexing performance.
What We’re Looking For
- Passionate about innovating in organic search, don’t accept theories at face value, and enjoy testing to prove effectiveness of tactics.
- A self-starting, curious, proven performer with at least 4 years of experience in SEO.
- Innovative, on-the-spot, creative problem solver who demonstrates both technical and analytical skills
- The ideal candidate will have strong data analytics skills; able to pull & manipulate multiple datasets to inform strategy with data.
- Candidates must be comfortable measuring, interpreting, and making fast-paced decisions based on large volumes of marketing performance data.
- Familiar with a number of SEO suites and tools including: STAT, Moz, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Botify, and Screaming Frog.
- Experience working in the weeds with data using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Tableau, Google Cloud Projects/Big Query, Google Search Console, SQL, and other common reporting platforms.
- Comfortable with basic HTML for on-page SEO tactics.
- Able to communicate with Engineering teams for Technical SEO fixes.
- Comfortable working with business leaders in forecasting, competitive analysis, and business modeling.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET