Careers / Positions Corporate Counsel
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures uses cutting-edge machine learning / artificial intelligence systems to design and implement digital marketing campaigns and websites for some of the biggest brands in the world, as well as for Red Ventures owned and operated sites such as CNET, Metacritic, GameSpot, Giant Bomb, MYMOVE, Healthline, Bankrate, CreditCards.com, The Points Guy, and Lonely Planet. We are the best at what we do, which has made us a multi-billion dollar business that continues to grow rapidly both nationally and internationally. Red Ventures is a great place to work. Our culture is second to none, our facilities and perks are insane, and we give back to our communities.
Check out this video to hear more about this role directly from the team! http://bit.ly/RVCCDAY
What You’ll Do
- Build our procurement process and related documents with our business and procurement teams
- Draft, negotiate, and execute commercial agreements (think SaaS, consulting, content production, IT support, and data licensing contracts)
- Grow the team - identify, hire, and manage teammates, such as contract administrators, paralegals, and other lawyers
- Be a trusted legal advisor as part of the business teams’ efforts to establish, evaluate, and expand new business initiatives and product development
- Provide day-to-day legal perspective and business-oriented guidance - help spot legal issues and recommend practical solutions that appropriately balance risk management within business operations
- Stay current on digital advertising and marketing law trends, industry issues, and novel approaches to legal services, and maintain a working understanding of digital technologies (you don’t need to be an expert, but if we say “cookies,” your first instinct shouldn’t be “chocolate chip or oatmeal?”)
- Help increase effectiveness, and efficiency, of legal-business support through development of enterprise forms, contract playbooks, and legal compliance tools
What We’re Looking For
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school, and member of the bar of a U.S. jurisdiction
- 5+ years of solid, consistent experience working with business teams in connection with corporate legal matters (ideally all with one employer)
- Core competencies in contract review, drafting, and negotiation
- If you have industry-specific experience or interest, let us know! Acronyms and buzzwords that come up across our legal team include things like the FTC, TCPA, HIPAA, FCRA, CCPA/GDPR, IAB, SEO, CRM, paid search, programmatic, ad-tech/mar-tech
- Red Ventures is a flat organization where everyone contributes – being ready and willing to roll up your sleeves on tasks big and small, and to seek out answers and resources when needed, will serve you well here
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and navigate amid uncertainty with a can-do, problem-solving attitude is a must! We are not the legal team of “no” or ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - instead we are equal parts risk identifiers and problem solvers. And if you can liven up your legal advice with some humor, that is a plus (and always encouraged)
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures