Careers / Positions Senior Corporate Counsel, Mortgages
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures uses cutting-edge machine learning / artificial intelligence systems to design and implement digital marketing campaigns and websites for some of the biggest brands in the world, as well as for Red Ventures owned and operated sites such as CNET, Metacritic, GameSpot, Giant Bomb, MYMOVE, Healthline, Bankrate, CreditCards.com, The Points Guy, and Lonely Planet. We are the best at what we do, which has made us a multi-billion dollar business that continues to grow rapidly both nationally and internationally. Red Ventures is a great place to work. Our culture is second to none, our facilities and perks are insane, and we give back to our communities.
What You’ll Do
- Be a strategic advisor to the RV Financial Services Mortgage and Real Estate team, assisting with the business’ most strategic transactions and issues, including large commercial agreements, new business ventures, regulatory issues, and state-licensing and exam questions.
- Provide the business team with day-to-day legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation on a wide array of topics including data protection, intellectual property, corporate governance, and litigation
- Help spot legal issues and identify practical solutions— know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run
- Help establish a framework of policies and guidance to manage legal and commercial issues within the business
- Be in a unique position to make impactful decisions to help grow a product and brand within a large organization
What We’re Looking For
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school, and member of the bar of a U.S. jurisdiction
- 5+ years of solid, consistent legal experience, preferably at both a law firm and in-house
- Experience providing legal guidance on Mortgage origination issues, including RESPA (Reg X), Truth-in-Lending Act (Reg Z), TRID, ATR/QM, marketing rules, state licensing requirements/exams
- It would be a big plus if you had in-house experience in a financial tech business, particularly related to mortgage loans
- RV Financial Services is a flat organization where everyone contributes; being confident and competent helps
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and to navigate amid uncertainty
- Can-do, problem-solving attitude is a must! If you can liven up your legal advice with some humor, that is a plus as well (and always encouraged)
Who We Are
RV Financial Services’ primary brand is Bankrate, a personal finance company that guides people through the pivotal steps of their financial journey. We provide accurate rate information, award-winning editorial content and other free tools to help consumers reach their financial goals. At RV Financial Services, we believe that we can transform the FinTech industry by creating experiences that empower consumers and demystify the complexity of financial decision-making. Join us on our mission of making financial health attainable for everyone!
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures