Careers / Positions Data Science II-CentralizedApply Now
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance:
As a Data Scientist II at Red Ventures, you will create innovative software solutions to solve business problems by using advanced machine learning, statistical modeling, and optimization techniques. You will solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing, publishing, and customer acquisition activities. You will see your contributions make a material impact to the business bottom line. We welcome candidates from different backgrounds and believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams.
- 2-4 yrs of professional experience in a data science role with an MS or PhD in STEM with a focus in ML, statistical modeling, or optimization.
Key responsibilities of the position:
- Proactively work with business teams to identify data science opportunities and get business buy-in.
- Define project scopes and identify the technical resources needed to complete the project.
- Execute on projects efficiently using cutting edge techniques from machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization, often through cross-functional collaboration.
- Deploy data science solutions as standalone products into real-world, operational environments, and monitor and improve them over time.
- Distill project statuses to stakeholders succinctly so decisions can be made quickly.
- Contribute to common underlying data science technology and best practices.
- Continue to develop technical proficiency in data access, manipulation, analysis, statistical modeling, and software engineering.
- Continue to develop technology breadth and depth in advanced data science techniques and start to build a specialty.
- Mentor junior data scientists and provide technology advice to the broader organization.
- Help create and promote an inclusive environment where team members feel comfortable and empowered.
Key skills we look for:
- Proficiency in foundational data science techniques like classification, regression, optimization, and clustering and an ability to negotiate their pros and cons.
- Proficiency in applying data science technologies appropriately to business use cases, evaluating performance, and iterating.
- Ability to understand and evaluate business opportunities, formulate data science problems, and translate business requirements into data science performance metrics.
- Project management skills and strong analytical problem-solving skills to execute and deliver projects on time.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with data and business team leaders, clearly articulating project statuses, timelines, and technical results to broad audiences.
- Proficiency in one or multiple data science programming languages such as R, Python, and Scala.
Key experiences we look for:
- Experience advocating new data driven opportunities to business.
- Experience updating stakeholders as a project progresses, iteratively incorporating feedback, and making appropriate recommendations or decisions with limited assistance.
- Experience putting data science solutions into production and establishing effective product life cycle management processes.
- Experience writing production ready code in collaborative code bases.
- Experience measuring and optimizing the impact of productionalized solutions to business requirements.
- Experience presenting work, both written and orally.
- Experience collaborating across business and functional teams.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures