Careers / Positions Social Media Associate - TPG
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Points Guy, the world’s leading travel site, is recruiting for a Social Media Associate as we build our global travel operation. The position is based in New York City. Are you passionate about Instagram accounts depicting beautiful travel? Is travel your sport? If so, this might be the job for you. This person will work with the social media, editorial, PR and paid media teams to foster community, drive growth and optimize campaigns across all social media touchpoints.
What You'll Do
- Social media subject matter expert with a strategic and creative understanding of how to package and present social content to create engaging, clickable and on-brand social posts
- Manages daily social media editorial scheduling across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and act as the main liaison between Social and Editorial teams.
- Assist with engagement-driving and community-building ideas and tactics across Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
- Partners with editorial, creative and video teams, as well as internal business units, business partners, and PR to develop and execute content and engagement strategies that promote activations, marketing programs, initiatives, and campaigns on The Points Guy’s social channels.
- Partners with video producers, creative team and editorial team to concept, pitch and execute social-first ideas
- Manages and owns business analytics and reporting for owned social channels and focuses on optimizing current channels based on testing and iterating
- Partners and consults with internal stakeholders to share social media and social publishing and content best practices
- Manages day-to-day relationship with community moderation and response team across Facebook and Twitter and ensures all inbound messages are routed to the appropriate departments in a timely fashion
- Responsible for pulling and providing social metrics and analytics for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with management of and content creation for TPG Facebook Group as time allows.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of social and content strategy experience, including concepting and executing a full content/ campaign lifecycle
- Deep understanding of emerging social media trends, best practices and advanced tools and platforms. Important to stay abreast of social media industry news and trends.
- Analytical and creative individual who can provide campaign-level analysis to identify key insights to optimize social campaign results
- Strong time management skills with obsessive attention-to-detail
- Excellent decision-making skills and ability to work in a fluid environment with a high level of autonomy and ambiguity
- Expertise in using social platforms both as a consumer and professional/ business, including experience using publishing tools, Facebook Business Manager, and Twitter and Instagram analytics and insights
- Proven success managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Professional and effective communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excel and photoshop experience preferred
- Experience working in a global company in a highly matrixed environment preferred
- Ability to stay organized, flexible and deliver results in a fast-paced environment preferred
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures