Careers / Positions Front End Developer
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Digital is working to build best-in-class technology to drive digital transformation for our nationally recognized clients. As a Red Ventures company, we have more than 20 years of experience building strategic, longstanding relationships with some of the world’s most powerful brands across industries like telecom, financial services, real estate, and entertainment.
Enjoy building cutting edge websites for national brands, or single page applications used by thousands every day? Each day, you'll create, code and optimize websites and user experiences in a workplace where you can see the impact of your ideas. We are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
Don’t meet all the requirements, but feel you would be a great fit, we encourage you to please apply and outline how your experience fits!
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, modify and test engaging, consumer-facing web experiences.
- Collaborate closely with business and design teams to scope and deliver valuable projects on time.
- Teach and learn new skills with your fellow developers, producing quality code with consistent standards.
- Continually look for opportunities to build value in the codebase: set standards, build tools, and automate jobs to make yourself and your team better and faster.
- Demonstrate a sharp eye for detail. Debug issues and execute so everything “just works.”
- Add to a culture that loves experimentation, Agile development, and intellectual curiosity
- Be part of building a positive team environment
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience in front end web development
- We don’t need you to be a designer, but we want someone who can partner closely with our talented design team. Experience with InVision and Figma is helpful.
- Working knowledge of the way front-end systems run in the cloud and download to the browser. Can you diagnose a caching problem with a CDN, and do you know how to fix it
- Experience with page speed optimization. Working knowledge of web image formats, font loading techniques, and strategies for optimizing Core Web Vitals.
- Experience implementing Web Accessibility Standards.
- Experience building websites with React or Vue.
- Ability to wrangle build systems. Webpack? Parcel? Gulp? Do you know the difference between “npm i” and “npm ci,” and when they should be used? Can you compile CSS from SASS while adjusting for certain browser compatibility?
- You volunteer or mentor fellow developers
- COVID-19 Update:
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.