Careers / Positions Data Reporter - Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Data Reporter to join the Bankrate editorial team to surface insights from data and weave it into a compelling narrative for our consumer-facing audience. The data reporter will gather and clean datasets, document their processes and publish content that highlights their findings.
This is a highly collaborative role that will work closely with the editorial, public relations and outreach teams, among others. An ability to work well in a team setting is a must. Experience as a media spokesperson, such as in TV, radio or podcast interviews, is a plus.
What You'll Do
- Gather, clean and analyze data with the purpose of surfacing compelling narratives
- Research and report through interviews to corroborate findings
- Create data visualizations to elevate Bankrate’s editorial content
- Collaborate with the public relations and outreach teams to publish data studies, statistical content and ranked lists
- Establish and improve Bankrate’s data reporting workflow
- Monitor news and trends related to personal finance and actively pitch ideas
- Represent Bankrate as an expert spokesperson during media interviews
What We're Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience working with data in a newsroom/media environment
- A strong understanding of a data analysis language, such as SQL, R and/or Python
- An ability to surface and write compelling narratives from raw data sets
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate your work to other teammates
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills, with the ability to respond to edits
- An ability (or willingness to learn how) to create data visualizations to elevate an article
- An ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- An ability to grasp the voice, style and tone of the Bankrate brand
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team and individually as needed
- Experience with AP Style
- Knowledge and interest in personal finance
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate