Careers / Positions Commerce Editor - Metacritic
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Metacritic is seeking a Commerce Editor to develop content that leverages the power of Metascores and our entertainment expertise.
As editor, you will be responsible for preparing, uploading, and optimizing commerce content on our site to continue to grow the Metacritic audience. You’ll own monthly content planning and manage a variety of entertainment content tasks across a freelance network, including product reviews, guides, and recommendation lists.
We are looking for a hard-working, detailed individual who can meet tight deadlines, prioritize multiple project scopes, and help provide readers with trustworthy advice as they’re making purchase decisions. The ideal candidate should be passionate about creating quality content and collaborating with brand stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Manage an editorial calendar and a content optimization cadence
- Create, manage, and assign content tasks across a network of freelance writers
- Publish, update, maintain, and optimize commerce content to ensure SEO quality and accuracy
- Check articles for errors, typos, and linking opportunities
- Hone in on subject matter expertise by following competitors and monitoring industry trends across streaming, gaming, and more
- Use data to influence future content decisions and where to prioritize monthly content production
- Collaborate with stakeholders on a long-term commerce content strategy
What We're Looking For
- An editor that’s passionate and experienced in the entertainment space (TV, movies, gaming, and music)
- Experience in working/managing freelance teams
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to grasp Metacritic’s voice, style, and tone and edit content to fit those standards
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Basic image skills (renaming, resizing, cropping, and uploading)
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 4,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, in addition to several international locations. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, ZDNet, GameSpot, Metacritic, Healthline, The Points Guy and Bankrate.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET