Careers / Positions Drugs Medical Editor - Healthgrades
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthgrades is the largest digital marketplace in the US for consumers to choose and connect with the right healthcare professional for their specific needs. Our health content helps people research symptoms, conditions, and procedures, decide when to seek care, and prepare to have a productive appointment that will lead to positive health outcomes. We’re looking for a talented and dynamic Medical Editor to join our fast growing Consumer Drugs Information editorial team and help us create and maintain superior consumer-facing articles on prescription and over-the-counter medications.
What You’ll Do
- Perform comprehensive editing of original content written by pharmacists
- Revise, optimize, and update existing drug information articles
- Work with the in-house team of editorial and SEO professionals to build article outlines
- Translate complex pharmaceutical text into language accessible to consumers while adhering to our high editorial standards
- Work closely with freelance pharmacist writers and medical reviewers, carefully reviewing and incorporating comments and revisions
- Develop questions for medical reviewers to ensure accuracy and accessibility of content
- Manage workflow for assigned articles through writing, medical review, and copy edit stages to ensure adherence to deadlines
- Brainstorm ways to improve drug articles and make them even more useful for readers
- Track issues that arise and discuss with team members to address and resolve
- Participate in team meetings to develop content goals and strategy
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience as a medical editor working on consumer content, preferably in digital patient education or for a consumer health website
- Exceptional analytical, research, writing, and editing skills
- Creativity and a passion for editing, with strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret research studies and drug PIs
- Familiarity with SEO concepts and best practices
- Experience working with medical writers and clinician writers and reviewers in an editorial capacity
- Experience working with freelancers
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, as well as cloud-based workflow programs
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven department
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $55,000 - $70,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to join a team that’s changing the game in the healthcare space? Healthgrades.com is the leading online marketplace to find and connect with the right doctor, the right hospital and the right care. Half of all Americans who visit a doctor this year will visit Healthgrades.com as part of their healthcare journey.Learn More about Healthgrades