Careers / Positions Data Engineer - Healthgrades
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Data Engineer, you will design, develop, test, and maintain database functionality to support company clients, products, and services while also acting as a technical leader within the team.
What You'll Do
- Develops data management framework that is effective, scalable, and reliable
- Builds and maintains database structures, ETL processes, stored procedures, audit reports, and data extracts
- Contributes to development of data warehousing solutions to optimize performance
- Researches and prototypes new technologies
- Ensures compliance of structures and systems with data management objectives
- Assists in defining the data management strategy across data domains and products
- Assists in defining and implementing data governance standards, policies, and best practices
- Oversees data transformation, normalization, cleansing, aggregation, workflow management, and business rule application
- Creates and maintains documentation to support developed processes and applications
- Performs quality assurance checks
- Loads, processes, and migrates incoming data feeds
- Creates outgoing data extracts
- Creates relational database models and builds messaging queues
- Provides decision support and fulfills ad hoc requests
- Implements and maintains database training/assessment programs
- Contributes to the development of architectural roadmaps and participates in technical due diligence projects
- Performs periodic reviews to identify improvement opportunities in policies, procedures, and systems
- Leads technical analysis and integration activities for new, external source data
- Serves as an escalation point for complex inquiries or issues
What We're Looking For
- Approximately 4 years of experience in data engineering
- Experience working with complex database management systems preferred!
- Proficiency with Python and SQL
- Experience with SQL Server, Snowflake, AWS
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies
- Demonstrated prioritization and time management skills to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to translate ideas into concepts and designs
- Experience adhering to strict design principles, policies, and implementation deadlines
- Willingness and ability to coach and train co-workers on policies, processes, and best practices
- Ability to identify data management performance trends and recommend appropriate systems, process, or technology solutions
- Proficiency in other database technologies may be required for specific structures and/or systems
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $80,000 - $100,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Bonus: 5%
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to join a team that’s changing the game in the healthcare space? Healthgrades.com is the leading online marketplace to find and connect with the right doctor, the right hospital and the right care. Half of all Americans who visit a doctor this year will visit Healthgrades.com as part of their healthcare journey.Learn More about Healthgrades