Careers / Positions Editor
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As an Editor you’ll assign, edit and publish content for our local digital brand. The ideal candidate is passionate about great content, knowledgeable of SEO best practices and enjoys a fast-paced work environment. You will be responsible for creating, assigning and editing content that answers key questions and empowers readers to make smart decisions. The Editor will help manage end-to-end content production: from outline creation, assignment, editing, and publishing.
Red Ventures content teams are creatively challenged every day to deliver content that supports our businesses, drives brand value, and ensures a great user experience. If you’re seeking an opportunity where you get to clearly see your day-to-day impact, then look no further.
What You'll Do
- Concept, assign and edit 24-30 articles per month.
- Concept, assign and edit 10 social media posts per month.
- Create clear assignment outlines for articles, product pages, guides, how-to tutorials, and data rich editorial pieces.
- Write 2-3 articles per month, when required.
- Independently handle an assignment from specification, through initial review, copy edit, design and publication.
- Understand the complete content cycle: the best story, the strongest angle and voice
- Use data to inform content creation
- Pitch ideas regularly, stay informed on coverage in your respective area and research blogs/outlets
- Coach internal writers, source and onboard high-caliber freelancers and contributors
- Collaborate with business teams to align content creation with business goals
- Collaborate with design to deliver the best story-telling experience
- Track/monitor content performance: reach, engagement, sessions. Fine-tune and test.
What We're Looking For
- Strong command of Spanish and English language
- At least 1 year of editing experience
- Experience working with a CMS
- Experience writing and editing for SEO
- Excellent time management skills
- Command of AP style
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, Lonely Planet, and Cnet. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures and @RedVenturesPuertoRico on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures Puerto Rico is committed to boosting Puerto Rico's economy by employing top talent and developing cutting-edge technology-based companies in the Island. Our plan is to catalyze Puerto Rico's economic revitalization through investments in human capital, and technology. Our movement seeks people who want to explore, experience, and excel professionally for an ambitious cause.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures