Careers / Positions Data Reporter - CreditCards.com
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Data Reporter for CreditCards.com and Bankrate Credit Cards with a talent for assembling and analyzing data and turning it into content that engages and informs consumers. This reporter will be responsible for writing stories based on consumer surveys, analyses of credit card terms and conditions, external research on credit card use and consumer trends and more.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to conceive, pitch, research and develop stories for data-focused feature articles and shorter news pieces. The ability to identify, gather and analyze the most important pieces of data within a research document or an Excel spreadsheet is key, as well as a high level of comfort building charts and graphs using tools such as Infogram.
This writer will be expected to work closely with PR specialists and SEO and marketing analysts and occasionally assist with data-heavy product guides and reviews.
What You'll Do
- Turn spreadsheets, studies, white papers and other research materials into engaging, consumer-focused stories
- Identify, write and edit other credit card-related stories
- Produce high-quality, well-researched content at a fast pace
- Balance changing priorities and pivot quickly to accommodate for breaking news
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities
- Update existing content (guides, comparisons, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Work closely with SEO and PR teams and marketing analysts to develop strategy
What We're Looking For
- 2-4 years writing/editing experience, with a sample of bylined stories that relied on data (preferably for a consumer audience)
- Ability to collaborate with content and marketing teams
- Ability to manage details and multiple projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback
- Passionate about content creation and have a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides
- Personal finance experience or knowledge of credit cards preferred, if not a history of learning about difficult topics
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join the team behind the ultimate credit card marketplace, and help millions of people experience the financial and personal benefits of smarter, more informed spending. CreditCards.com is a place where consumers can shop and compare the largest variety of credit card offers you can find online for free. We’re always looking for content experts, engineers, and analysts to join our growing team!Learn More about CreditCards.com