Careers / Positions Content Data Analyst
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Content Data Analyst who will be responsible for contributing to and executing on strategy for credit cards content on Bankrate and CreditCards.com. This analyst will be responsible for creating and maintaining proprietary formulas for the purpose of valuing points and miles, rating cards for review purposes and more, as well as sourcing and maintaining data and statistics for cards content.
Content ranges in coverage from credit card usage, issuers, rewards, points and miles, and credit scores to advice, news and more. The right candidate will be able to work cross-functionally on data-heavy editorial projects that promote our sites’ authority.
What You'll Do
- Build relationships with business teams and data science teams to identify new opportunities for deep analytics on customer behavior and site performance
- Conduct hands-on, advanced analytics using multiple data sources
- Collect and communicate performance results with editorial leads to inform content strategy
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of proprietary point valuation system for points and miles-based rewards programs
- Maintain and enhance reviews rating system, which uses average consumer data to rank cards on a 1-5 scale
- Ideate and assist in the creation of new calculators and tools that improve on-site experience for users
- Source and maintain data for statistics pages and other natural link-building initiatives
- Maintain catalog of issuer-supplied card data
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data into actionable insights and communicate recommendations to leadership, and to turn data into visuals and compelling stories
- Expertise in Excel, Tableau, Looker, Google Analytics, BigQuery, SQL and/or related tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a track record of working well with business stakeholders
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with fast-paced content production processes
- Ability to collaborate with editors, designers, engineers, project managers and web development teams
- Demonstrated experience owning large projects/bodies of work that involve collaborating with various stakeholders to drive consensus and action
- Experience and comfort operating with some ambiguity; ability to take on tough questions and enjoy forming hypotheses on what might be the answer
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate