Careers / Positions Senior Front End Developer, Gamespot
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a passionate Senior Front End Developer with the skills and the drive to build and maintain digital experiences for leading video game digital media outlets, GameSpot and Giant Bomb. Each day, you'll create, code and optimize websites and user experiences in a workplace where you can see the impact of your ideas.
What You'll Do:
- Execute and hit deadlines as well as provide timely feedback if the scope is incorrect
- Develop and optimize user experiences to ensure sites are rendered consistently in cross-browser and cross-device environments
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS
- Can actively produce consistent, quality code in line with our Coding Standards
- Adept communicator with technical and non-technical task creators (tech translator)
- Continuously looks for opportunities for improvement/efficiencies in the codebase they support
- Advanced debugging skills
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience in front-end web development
- Git version control
- Build systems – Webpack (preferred), Grunt, Gulp, NPM, Bower
- Knowledge of PHP or equivalent server-side web development language
- Working knowledge of web image formats and experience optimizing images for the web
- Experience converting design files (Sketch, InVision, Zeplin) into working web experiences
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit cross-functional team
- Excellent attention to detail and a high-level of accountability
- Vue JS, React JS or Angular JS experience
- Experience with JS testing frameworks
- Typescript experience
- Ability to architect and develop their own API’s
- Ability to architect and develop build scripts (Webpack preferred)
- Ability to somewhat cross the threshold into the backend (those that go more full-stack)
- Practical Implementation of Web Accessibility Standards
- Volunteering time educating/mentoring fellow developers
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET