Careers / Positions Audience Growth/SEO Manager - Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Ready to land your dream job in SEO and travel media? Lonely Planet (and parent company Red Ventures) is in search of an advanced marketer experienced in Search Engine Optimization, including content marketing and technical SEO skillsets. Being in SEO at Lonely Planet means doing all the things you have always “wanted to do,” but never had the time or resources to do at your previous job. It means working alongside an expert Editorial team, advanced Engineers, and a world-class design team to create a robust SEO strategy to drive brand visibility for a diverse set of websites. SEO strategy at Lonely Planet moves fast, so you will have a data science and analytics team fully dedicated to creating SEO products and tools that give you access to more data and better insights, meaning you spend less time on SEMrush and more time making decisions that impact the business. An SEO Manager is an integral part of a successful marketing strategy.
What You'll Do
- Implement editorial & on-page best practices to maximize audience growth and user engagement
- Provide geo-audience insights to inform editorial and marketing strategies
- Identify opportunities and best practices in news coverage to maximize visibility in Google News, Apple News, Google Discover, and other referral channels.
- Utilize audience and SEO research tools to analyze audience trends, marketplace, and competitor insights
- Implement Content/On-Page SEO and EAT strategy, collaborating with world-class Editorial, UX, and creative teams.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with social, editorial, creative, and other marketing teams to drive site-wide growth and engagement.
- Analyze organic search landscapes to find opportunities that drive valuable traffic and bottom-line value for the business in collaboration with our experience and business teams.
- Leverage proprietary in-house marketing tools to inform strategic decisions with data.
- Focus on improving brand visibility through organic rankings to drive full-funnel visibility via traffic volume, as well as conversions that impact the bottom-line P&L.
What We're Looking For
- Passionate about innovating in organic search, don’t accept theories at face value, and enjoy testing to prove the effectiveness of tactics.
- A self-starting, curious, proven performer with at least 1 year of experience in SEO or Audience Insights role.
- Innovative, on-the-spot, creative problem solver who demonstrates both technical and analytical skills
- The ideal candidate will have strong data analytics skills; able to pull & manipulate multiple datasets to inform strategy with data.
- Candidates must be comfortable measuring, interpreting, and making fast-paced decisions based on large volumes of marketing performance data.
- Familiar with a number of SEO suites and tools including Similar Web, Moz, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Google Trends
- Experience working in the weeds with data using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Tableau, Google Cloud Projects/Big Query, Google Search Console, SQL, and other common reporting platforms.
- Comfortable with basic HTML for on-page SEO tactics.
- Able to communicate with Editorial teams
- Comfortable working with business leaders in forecasting, competitive analysis, and business modeling.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures