Careers / Positions Data Engineer, Product Analytics (Permanently Remote)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Data Engineer, Product Analytics (Remote Permanent)
We are looking to hire a Data Engineer to join our newly formed Product Analytics team. You will work in conjunction with our Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Product groups to build machine learning-driven applications and capabilities for the entire Red Ventures organization and our partners. We’re building cutting-edge personalization, optimization, and recommendation solutions that will change how our brands and partners operate and will enhance our ability to provide the best experience for our consumers.
The Product Analytics team sits on our Red Platform team, where we provide critical data for our products and end users while also providing hands-on consulting and solutioning internally and externally. You will be responsible for building these data processing pipelines end to end that power our product’s machine learning capabilities and optimization solutions. You will also be responsible for creating holistic data models off the data these products produce into our unified data platform for global consumption. While we work directly with the greater Red Platform team, you will also work with data engineers across the organization as we scale your contributions across the company.
Red Ventures is a high-autonomy, high-ownership environment; you’ll own your work from idea to production solution. Our data engineering tech stack is primarily AWS and Spark/Scala via Databricks, though we welcome strong applicants from a wide variety of technical backgrounds. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams. Think of the bullets below as guidelines: if you only partially meet the qualifications on this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What You’ll Do
- Iterate- Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe that "Speed Trumps Perfection" so we test and deploy daily.
- Autonomy– Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate– Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Zoom, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
Tactically, a typical project may have components like these:
- Be involved in initial product roadmapping and/or feature prioritization to provide perspective and expertise on the best way to leverage our data in conjunction with our data analysts
- Design and build data pipelines from dozens of sources to data warehouse using batch or incremental loading strategies utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies
- Create utility out of our data by automating common-place ETL for the entirety of the organization.
- Conceptualize and generate infrastructure that allows data to be accessed quickly and efficiently for our products and end users.
- Document design including data modeling, metadata, and process flow for product integrations
- Be integral to product launches and deliveries, ensuring our brands and partners have the appropriate level of support to access and leverage the data products you built.
What are we looking for:
- Experience performing production data engineering/ETL work in a language such as Python, Scala, Kotlin, or Go
- SQL experience in any flavor (Postgres, SQLServer, RDS, etc.)
- Experience with one of the major cloud providers (we use AWS but we welcome candidates with experience in Azure or GCP)
- Experience with one of the major data warehousing solutions (we use Redshift but we welcome candidates with experience in Snowflake, Oracle or Teradata)
- Experience working on code orchestration (eg., AWS Step Function / Airflow)
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Able to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamically changing business environment
- Enjoys getting to build from scratch and bringing new ideas to life
- Able to work effectively across multiple functional groups between technical and non-technical contributors
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures