Careers / Positions Senior Data Scientist - Home
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Senior Data Scientist at Red Ventures on our Home team partnering with MYMOVE, you will create innovative solutions to solve business problems by using advanced machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization techniques and turning them into real world solutions for decision making online or offline. You will solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities. You will see your contributions make a material impact to the business bottom line.
We welcome candidates from different backgrounds, as we believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams. Think of the bullets below as guidelines: if you only partially meet the qualifications on this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What You’ll Do
- Lead a small data science team by defining technology strategy, creating and managing a project portfolio, tracking data science KPIs and driving daily execution to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate effectively with other functions to set team priorities, influence work approaches and solve operational/organization challenges
- Define project scope/plan and identify technical resources required to complete the project.
- Execute on these projects rapidly using cutting edge techniques from machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization, often through cross-functional collaboration.
- Deploy data science solutions as standalone products into a real-world, operational environment, and monitor and improve them over time.
- Contributes to common underlying data science technology and best practices.
- Continue to develop technical proficiency in data access, manipulation, analysis, statistical modeling and software engineering.
- Continue to develop technology breadth and depth in advanced data science techniques and start to build own specialty
- Mentor and/or manage junior members on the team and serve as a subject matter of expertise of data science internally. Contribute to the cross-organization technology strategy and roadmap for data science.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ year’s experience as a Data Scientist or Master’s degree in STEM with specialization in machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization
- Comfortable and interested in spending equal time managing, mentoring, and coaching team members as well as operating as an individual contributor
- Expert knowledge of machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization, with expertise and experience in at least one of the following areas: marketing channel optimization, conversational AI, recommender systems, NLP, deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Proficiency in one or multiple data science programming languages such as R, Python and Spark
- Capability of communicating effectively with business and data science leaders on project status, timeline and technical results
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Capable of translating business opportunities into data science problems and defining the right project scope and performance metric to measure success
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
Join a team that helps millions of people save money every year during one of life’s most expensive experiences: Moving. MYMOVE is an exclusive partner of the USPS which helps facilitate the official Change of Address process, connecting movers with awesome deals and connecting brands with people who are ready to buy. We’re looking for account managers, business analysts, print designers, and other talented teammates to help us continue growing our brand.Learn More about MYMOVE