Careers / Positions Vice President of Software Engineering, Product
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Vice President of Engineering, you will be responsible for continuing to transform and drive engineering and operational excellence for the growth of the business at a healthy trajectory while balancing the need to find efficiencies across the organization. All business and technical leaders at Red Ventures in product and engineering, are analytical, creative, and collaborative. We are passionate about data and drive for simplicity. A successful technical leader will lead through data and insights, obsess about customer outcomes in every decision she/he makes, and lead by developing the trust and respect of teammates.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and lead teams including engineering, product development, quality assurance and project management.
- Scale the engineering organization by establishing a strong pipeline of talent and focus on team development.
- Provide effective coaching and technical guidance, communicate as necessary with all levels of managements, employees, and partners.
- Collaborate closely with marketing partners to identify opportunities to optimize offers and response rates to maximize profit contribution.
- Identify existing and future technologies to support division goals. Employ lean engineering principles.
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting the technology required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- You’ll do more than consult – you’ll immerse yourself in one of our businesses and drive daily performance, develop solutions and see them through as they are implemented.
- Manage technical teams in executing the program plans to ensure all work is completed within cost and schedule commitments.
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of business and software experience, preferably web development focused, with a strong track record of success.
- Our technology environment primarily consists of Golang, PHP, C#, React.js, Typescript, and AWS. It is not a requirement to have worked with all of those languages, frameworks, and services but a desire to learn about them is important.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet. VPs are expected to develop & cultivate strong relationships with multiple internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Strong leader and developer of talent.
- Duties require critical judgement, effective participation in the formulation and carrying out of company policies, objectives and programs with direct accountability for final results.
- Effective verbal/written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively present ideas/concepts to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfort in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- Our employees behave like entrepreneurs. They are incredibly driven, agile, goal oriented, and are always up for a challenge.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures