Careers / Positions Software Engineering Manager - HomeApply Now
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are looking for a talented, results-oriented, and innovative Engineering Manager to join our team. Responsible for managing engineering teams and guiding our teams as we scale and support them in continuously delivering business value. In this role, you will be a hands-on player and a coach. You'll need to possess the capability to push your team's abilities to grow them individually and as a unit while also remaining hands-on in developing our applications and tools. Your primary focus is your team and the people in it. We expect you to build a great culture with diversity, inclusion, bias to action, and openness as our core values within the vertical.
In addition to building applications that can hold up to our business's scale & growth, our team of engineers works collaboratively with the business leaders to develop innovative solutions to grow the business. We love to build high-quality software and believe that there is real value in developing software to be easily understood, maintained, and extended. We are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
As a team member, you will have the opportunity to work on mission-critical projects directly impacting our business's evolution. You will be able to apply your programming skills towards building high throughput transactional services and highly performant web experiences. We always explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for demanding business needs.
What you’ll do
- Business value delivery: Ensure incremental value delivery and high-quality standards for teams you’re working with. Support these teams’ strategic work in collaboration with our Product and Design organization.
- Learning and Development: Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent. Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Conduct regular 1:1, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health and support them in their learning and development. Continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging on your team and within our organization.
- Process and Product: Maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration with other development teams and Product Management
- Leadership: Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the Red Ventures engineering organization.
- Organizational work: Help us continuously improve and grow and build further support structures for our teams by driving broader organizational development and cross-cutting initiatives with the rest of our engineering management team.
- Technical work: Help grow the expertise of your teams in performance, reliability, resilience, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation.
What we’re looking for
- People development: You have at least three years of experience building and leading software development teams and delivering working software together with them. Your experience includes hiring, as well as having engineers directly reporting to you and supporting them in their growth.
- Technical Expertise: You have a strong ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- 5+ years of recent server side experience in technologies such as C#, Golang, PHP, or Node
- Experience in front-end technologies such as React, Vue, Angular and Polymer
- Experience with OOP and software design skills
- Remote work: You bring experience working with distributed teams.
- Delivery: You are knowledgeable about modern software engineering practices and how to apply them in different teams. You believe in agile and lean values. You have a track record of using these methods in practice and continuously delivering business value.
- Leadership: You are a servant leader, an effective communicator and strong collaborator who emphasizes continuous learning, and you know what it takes to build strong, productive teams. You thrive on developing people and building inclusive teams.
- Learning: You bring action orientation and a drive to continuously improve the teams you work with.
- Communication: You’re an effective communicator and bring strong feedback skills to your teams.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures