Careers / Positions Director of Software Engineering - Red DigitalApply Now
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Digital is working to build best-in-class technology to drive digital transformation for our nationally recognized clients. As a Red Ventures company, we have more than 20 years of experience building strategic, long standing relationships with some of the world’s most powerful brands across industries like telecom, home security, real estate, and entertainment.
Enjoy leading engineering teams to create value for clients and stakeholders? You'll coach managers to lead their teams effectively and mentor senior engineers to architect resilient solutions. You’ll define strategy and create processes to scale the impact of your teams--all in a workplace where you can see the impact of your ideas. We are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
Don’t meet all the requirements but feel you would be a great fit? We encourage you to please apply and outline how your experience fits!
What You'll Do
- Drive the improvement of our portfolio of websites, services, and platform capabilities across a number of technology teams while working in tandem with other business and functional leaders. We maintain a tight loop between development, deployment, and feedback, which allows us to build world-class solutions for the business, marketing and data challenges of our partners.
- Serve as a player and a coach to a number of engineering managers as direct reports. You possess the capability to push your team’s abilities in growing them individually and as a unit, while also remaining hands on yourself in determining the architecture and tools to be used in development.
- You can make both technical and non-technical decisions and ensure that organizational security policies and procedures are implemented and enforced.
- You will play a key role in developing the strategy and culture.
- Collaborate closely with marketing partners to identify opportunities to optimize offers and response rates to maximize profit contribution.
- Manage technical teams in executing the program plans to ensure all work is completed within cost and schedule commitments.
- Add to a culture that loves experimentation, Agile development, and intellectual curiosity.
What We're Looking For
- Experience leading front-end and back-end engineering teams and playing a role in evolving processes and workflows; experience managing remote teams is a plus.
- Experience working in Agile environments with cross-functional delivery teams.
- Experience in DevOps culture, including familiarity with automated testing, continuous delivery, and infrastructure as code.
- Effective verbal/written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively present ideas/concepts to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with public cloud offerings such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with general software design and architecture so that you can guide teams to the right solutions, while avoiding common pitfalls.
- A leader with the ability to cultivate technical talent, and encourage the creation of reusable, scalable code.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves.
- Personal commitment to being great people to work with and for every day.
- Experience with multiple database technologies.
- Experience with architectural design, creating diagrams and communicating to stakeholders.
- Understand and know when to leverage various web services, software tools, and software architecture approaches to autonomously design scalable, maintainable, secure, and reusable solutions.
- Experience with test driven workflows to ensure high quality and continuous integration of software.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures