Careers / Positions Senior Data Scientist, Media and Technology
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Senior Data Scientist at Red Ventures, you will create innovative solutions to solve business problems by using advanced machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization techniques and turning them into real world solutions for decision making online or offline. You will solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities. You will see your contributions make a material impact to the business bottom line. This role is for the Media and Technology Data Science team, which services businesses like CNET.com, GameSpot.com, ZDNet.com, Time,Inc-NextAdvisor, etc.
We welcome candidates from different backgrounds, as we believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams. Think of the bullets below as guidelines: if you only partially meet the qualifications on this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What You'll Do
- Understand business strategy and identify innovative data science opportunities that can lead to significant business impact in a rapidly growing business
- Set strategy and the execution plan for large data science initiatives, projects and programs to drive the business into its next evolution
- Bring relevant state-of-the-art data science technologies to the team and lead by example to establish best practices
- Mentor junior data science team members and serve as a subject matter expert both within the Media and Technology team and in the broader Red Ventures data organization
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience as a Data Scientist or PhD degree in STEM with specialization in machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization
- Expert knowledge of machine learning, predictive modeling, statistics and data science in general. Knowledge and experience in marketing channel optimization, customer behavior/journey modeling and prediction, product recommendation systems, online testing is highly desired
- Proficiency in one or multiple data science programming languages such as R, Python and Spark
- Experience deploying end-to-end data science solutions and capable of engaging at all stages of the ML solution life cycle, from ideation to productionalizion.
- Capability of communicating effectively with business and data science leaders on project status, timeline and technical results
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Capable of translating business opportunities into data science problems and defining the right project scope and performance metric to measure success
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET