Careers / Positions Brand Marketing Manager, CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Brand Marketing team is responsible for articulating and telling the CNET brand story to build equity in our brand platform. We partner with a variety of teams and partners to gather customer insights, determine our brand positioning and strategy, and spearhead major advertising campaign initiatives across a variety of platforms. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in collaborating with cross-functional teams and developing holistic communication plans to support long- and short-term business objectives. Based in either Charlotte, San Francisco or New York, this role will report into the Senior Director of Brand Strategy.
What you’ll do
- Execute complex, cross-functional, and cross-channel Brand Marketing programs across a variety of platforms and channels.
- Serve as a voice of the customer, brainstorming and developing new ideas and activations driven by market research.
- Articulate our brand strategy and plans for all tactics to support key brand objectives.
- Oversee development of branding best practices, toolkits and guidelines, working closely with design, product, editorial and sales teams.
- Collaborate with paid media lead to determine channel strategy and evaluate program effectiveness with ongoing reporting and analysis and recommendations for campaign optimization.
- Manage timelines, budgets, scopes, contracts.
- Manage external creative and media agency relationships.
What we’re looking for
- 4-5 years of relevant experience and a record of successful cross-channel brand marketing campaigns.
- Thorough understanding of advertising functions and creative processes.
- Proven experience in managing multiple large-scale campaigns in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to wrangle large, complex timelines and projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to interface and collaborate comfortably with leadership, sales, market research, design, product, external vendor agencies and partners.
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership, proactive thought-leadership, and willingness to apply intellectual curiosity to solve problems.
- Ability to develop business acumen and understand marketing impact on business/growth objectives.
- Detail-oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and inputs and translate into actionable strategies.
- Can thrive under pressure and in ambiguous situations.
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills, written and verbal.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET