Careers / Positions Senior Technical Project Manager - Media & Commerce
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative Senior Technical Project Manager to drive the technical implementation of new strategic products across multiple workstreams within the Media and Commerce business unit. You will be a key point of contact for a diverse cross-functional team that will look to you for leadership and guidance. This is a highly visible role, offering the opportunity to interact internally and externally across senior levels of the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with diverse teams to develop, organize, and execute cross-functional plans for delivering tools / systems / integrations that drive growth.
- Balance business needs versus technical constraints. Assertively hold all parties accountable to strategic goals.
- Work with our Directors of Engineering and Product to coordinate the technical development effort, track/drive the project, and manage the operational implementation process. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make tradeoffs; encourage smart risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
- Understand requirements from partners and guide Red Ventures’ engineering towards implementing functionality that will help our partners meet their strategic goals and compliance obligations.
- Work with the product managers to launch these projects and provide ongoing technical support as appropriate.
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders and provide updates.
- Assess incoming feature requests and work with engineering teams to determine level of effort.
- Own progress tracking and reporting on all workstreams. Facilitate meetings and effectively communicate project expectations and deadlines to team members and stakeholders.
- Set and manage expectations around work that is required to launch and maintain key revenue programs through exceptional communication, kick off meetings and consistent on-time deliverables
- Strategically and tactfully communicate deliverables, red flags and accountability for next steps with thoughtful timelines, to internal and external stakeholders
What We’re Looking For
- Demonstrate maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management
- Possess a thorough understanding of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure
- 5+ years of experience leading large, cross-functional technical projects
- Proven track record of developing and refining process
- Ability to gracefully juggle multiple programs at once
- Experience in the online media industry a plus
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET