Careers / Positions Mortgage Loan Officer Training Program
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Skip the "entry-level" phase of your career and start making an impact right away. In the Mortgage Loan Officer Training Program, Red Ventures will invest in your development from day 1 and support you through the process of becoming a licensed loan officer. Sage Mortgage, a subsidiary of Red Ventures, covers the cost of the course, exam and license requirements while also providing professional development, coaching, and study support to help you pass the NMLS exam - and you start earning a salary right away!
The Details: As a part of our training program you will begin your career at Sage assisting our licensed Mortgage Loan Officers (MLO) while focused on obtaining your NMLS license. You will have two attempts to pass the NMLS licensing test. In addition to passing the licensing test, you will be required to pass a background check and credit report administered by NMLS. For more information please visit the NMLS website here.
On average we expect that you should be able to obtain your license within your first 45 days. All new hires will be required to obtain their NMLS license within the first 90 days in order to maintain employment.
Once you obtain your license you will graduate into the role of a Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer and will then be eligible to earn commission, based on performance, in addition to our competitive base salary.
What You’ll Do
- Communicate directly with borrowers via call, text, or email to discuss various loan products and qualification information.
- Communicate progress of loan to consumer and obtain any required documentation.
- Make sales calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Monitor and influence progress across a pipeline of leads and loans to achieve conversion and cycle time targets.
- Stay up to date on Mortgage trends and be able to properly guide borrowers through the mortgage loan process.
What We’re Looking For
- Track record of drive, grit, and hard work in your academics and professional experience.
- Previous experience in Sales and/or Sales Management or the Mortgage industry is a plus!
- Strong written and oral communication over the phone, text message and email.
- Must be able to multi-task with competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to build and maintain internal and external relationships to deliver high levels of service.
- High level of professionalism - both written and verbal communication skills will be extremely important to achieve success in this position.
- Ability to have fun! We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with a high-performing team to achieve both personal and team goals and have a lot of fun along the way.
Who We Are
Sage Mortgage is a digital mortgage lender redefining the mortgage origination experience. By building new technology solutions we're creating simple and clean customer experiences to simplify the mortgage application process. Our team has developed a fully digital online application that enables the user to complete their application and start looking for the right mortgage that matches their needs 24/7. We then marry the digital journey with exceptional human interaction from our expert Loan Officers to create the best possible borrower experience.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures