Careers / Positions Senior Editor, NextAdvisor
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
This Senior Editor will play a critical role in conceiving, assigning, and developing reported stories that help readers take control of their money. NextAdvisor, in partnership with TIME, is a source of both information and inspiration, so we prefer a candidate with experience in personal finance journalism as well as a knack for telling compelling stories with fascinating characters. This editor will work with staff writers and freelancers, write articles, and handle other general editorial duties as needed. Knowledge of social media best practices, audience growth strategies, and digital-first publishing is essential. Experience working in a newsroom environment is preferred.
Our team members are based in our New York and Charlotte offices but this role can also be filled remotely.
What You'll Do
- Edit, write and publish high-quality articles that fit the editorial standards of NextAdvisor and TIME.
- Oversee coverage of a specific beat or focus area, producing enterprising pieces of work that contribute to topical conversations and spark new ones.
- Work with reporters, setting their daily priorities and developing their reporting and writing skills over time.
- Understand key audience engagement metrics and allow them to inform the team’s editorial strategy and decision-making process.
What We're Looking For
- 3-5+ years of editorial experience
- Superb research, writing, and communication skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Consistency in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritizing workload
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to adapt and pivot quickly
- A willingness to work and manage team members remotely
At NextAdvisor, we help people make smart moves that make a big impact on their wealth. We publish time-tested strategy guides, new perspectives on the economy, and analysis of the latest tools and products.Learn More about NextAdvisor