Careers / Positions Manager, Media Strategy
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is growing the Media Strategy team that supports the ad sales team across all verticals. The Manager, Media Strategy is a key member of the CNET Media Group Integrated Marketing team, building competitive media plans that incorporate our diverse product offerings. We're looking for accomplished digital planners, with demonstrable success supporting sales and marketing teams. This role will work with all key departments supporting the Red Ventures Ad Sales team, balancing demand with supply, and reading the market.
What You'll Do
- Develop strategic media plans for advertisers that leverage the brands and capabilities of the Red Ventures Portfolio including CNET, GameSpot, ZDNet, TV Guide and more. Cross-platform media will include, and are not limited to audience data, social, custom content, and programmatic.
- Work in lockstep with AEs and AMs to respond to RFPs and client requests
- Collaborate with Red Venture’s ad sales support teams including Integrated Marketing, Yield, Research, & campaign management to build and execute media plans
- Incorporate custom audience segments that speak to the advertiser’s targets
- Interface with clients as needed as the “expert” on the details of the media plan
- Drive upsell opportunities through proactive campaign optimizations, and providing an elevated level of service to clients
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of the evolving media landscape, including competitors, new products and market specific trends
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years experience, experience working at a media agency or publisher managing a brand’s digital advertising strategy and buying activities
- Proven track record of negotiating, structuring, and closing complex brand partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and effectively collaborate across teams
- Proficiency in GAM, Excel, Operative, and SalesForce
- An entrepreneurial mindset – strong desire to work in sales and team environment
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.