Careers / Positions Senior Software Engineer - Healthgrades
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthgrades, a Red Ventures company, is the leading platform for connecting patients and providers ensuring confident care choices and improving relationships between patients and healthcare systems. We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to build new search functionality and enhance existing products. Should you take on the role you will be innovating with the latest frontend technology, building new interactive tools, and help maintain the Healthgrades’ collaborative culture by communicating with other teams and mentoring other engineers. To succeed in this role, you will need to be organized, motivated, self-directing, inquisitive, and have good communication skills.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to complex software development projects for Healthgrades.com
- Work with lead engineer and team to estimate work assignments
- Help evaluate the technical feasibility of work assignments and/or UX designs, identify risks and develop recommendations for issues
- Champion front-end engineering best practices (e.g. security, automated testing, performance)
- Use the Scrum framework to collaborate with your team and stakeholders
- Participate in code reviews with team members
- Assist and mentor other team members
- Contribute well-written code and technical documentation
- Work to optimize the performance, UI/UX, and SEO of our applications
- Collaborate with other engineers across teams to align on standards and engineering initiatives
What We're Looking For
- Experience coaching other engineers
- 3+ years building and supporting consumer-facing web applications
- Good understanding and experience with front-end architectures
- Understanding of React and/or other similar frameworks
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling
- Good understanding of AJAX best practices
- Experience with CSS extensions and frameworks such as Less, Sass, and/or Bootstrap
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Experience using, building, and maintaining secure and scalable web services
- Familiarity with bundling technologies like Webpack
- Experience working with source control such as Git
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $100,000 - $170,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Bonus: 5%
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to join a team that’s changing the game in the healthcare space? Healthgrades.com is the leading online marketplace to find and connect with the right doctor, the right hospital and the right care. Half of all Americans who visit a doctor this year will visit Healthgrades.com as part of their healthcare journey.Learn More about Healthgrades
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.