Careers / Positions Senior Writer - Google & Internet, CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET is looking for an enthusiastic and aggressive reporter to cover the intersection of technology and internet culture using Google -- and its many ventures -- as an anchor. We're looking for a reporter who can use Google as a springboard to generate story ideas tackling everything from regulation to diversity and climate change. The role involves a mix of breaking stories, trend analyses, scoops and narrative features. A successful candidate will have to manage time effectively to deliver articles at a reasonable cadence.
What You'll Do
- Write a mix of daily spot news stories and follow-up analyses and features.
- Work with colleagues on cross-team projects and coordinate with co-workers on different teams.
- Participate in videos that complement your written work. Represent CNET through media appearances.
- Break news on your beat. Scoops of fact and insight, along with other exclusive work, are expected.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in a newsroom.
- An existing list of sources in the industry (and a readiness to grow that list in this role).
- Basic knowledge of SEO and social media principles
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.