Careers / Positions Senior Data Scientist, Financial Services (Remote)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Senior Data Scientist at Red Ventures, you will create innovative software solutions to solve business problems by using advanced machine learning, statistical modeling, and optimization techniques. You will solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing, publishing, and customer acquisition activities. You will see your contributions make a material impact to the business bottom line. We welcome candidates from different backgrounds and believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams.
What You'll Do
- Design and execute multi-disciplinary data science solutions effectively and efficiently.
- Partner with business leaders and work effectively across business, creative, and engineering groups to solve problems. Help build a positive culture across technical and business teams.
- Provide guidance to the broader data science community within RV on the design and execution of the data science projects, especially when relevant to expertise.
- Further the data science team’s technical capabilities by bringing novel methods from the field into RV through research, software development, and teaching others.
- Drive the development of junior team members through mentorship and coaching.
- Help create and promote an inclusive environment where team members feel comfortable and empowered.
What We Are Looking For
- 4+ yrs of professional experience in a data science role with an MS or PhD in STEM with a focus in ML, statistical modeling, or optimization.
- Knowledge of one or more advanced machine learning, statistical modeling, and optimization techniques that are relevant to RV’s core business.
- Knowledge of end-to-end software development, deployment, and monitoring workflows.
- Ability to define business use cases, identify and initiate new projects, and make sound decisions that positively impact the business.
- Ability to methodically understand business context, define value propositions, and formulate and solve complex data science problems. Ability to clearly articulate the “why” behind proposed data science solutions to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to own key deliverables and use problem solving skills to deliver projects on time and iterate when necessary.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with data and business team leaders to deliver projects.
- Ability to intake business requests/priorities and then prioritize bodies of work, communicating project status, timeline, and technical results to broad audiences.
- Proficiency in one or multiple data science programming languages such as R, Python, and Scala.
- Experience expanding impact of a single data science project from within one context to a cross-cutting solution through collaboration and strategic direction.
- Experience exerting broad positive influence on strategy, project execution, and people development within a function, product, or business unit.
- Experience contributing to conversations which define strategy with opinions backed by research.
- Experience expanding the knowledge of a data science team on topics where you have specific expertise through teaching and mentoring.
- Experience leveraging technical expertise to identify the feasibility of potential DS projects, ensuring the team is delivering value on projects that are feasible.
- Experience developing skills specific to a specialization or expertise through research skills like literature reviews and communication of findings.
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.