Careers / Positions SEO Content Writer - The Points Guy
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Points Guy is looking for an SEO content writer who will update, edit and refine our credit card marketplace pages as well as some editorial articles. This role requires excellent organizational and time management skills, a willingness to take on long-term projects, and precise editing abilities with an eye for the small details. This person will collaborate closely with both our SEO and editorial teams to create an efficient calendar for refreshing our evergreen and high-performing posts, and will take on the work of updating them with guidance from more senior members of both departments as well as the compliance team.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone with a familiarity with SEO best practices as well as strong writing and editing skills. They should enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic environment where hard work and initiative are valued and rewarded.
What You'll Do
- Stay up-to-date on the most current credit card offers in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with SEO analysts to create a master list of high-performing articles that merit periodic updates.
- Connect with the editorial team to highlight new card offers, benefits, and terms to include in content refreshes.
- Write updates for our high-performing posts and transactional credit card pages on either a monthly or quarterly basis, as well as when new, limited-time offers occur.
- Edit and fact-check posts and transactional pages thoroughly.
- Usher posts and category pages through the content production and compliance processes to final publication.
- Attend collaboration meetings and report to SEO and editorial contacts on a weekly basis.
- Provide weekly reports on content production.
- Pinpoint opportunities to streamline our content refresh process.
What We're Looking For
- A team player who enjoys collaborating with others and is good at communicating.
- A highly organized individual with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize their workload according to changing needs.
- Strong research, writing and editorial skills with the ability to edit and rewrite on a deadline.
- Steep learning curve for creating and editing content based on SEO concepts and best practices.
- Good grasp of The Points Guy voice and style and the ability to enhance it on the posts for which you are responsible.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and HTML.
- Interest in learning about rewards credit cards is strongly encouraged.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.