Careers / Positions Director, External Communications
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
RV Health is seeking an experienced, dynamic and mission-inspired leader to oversee the strategy and execution of external communications across the RV Health portfolio of consumer and corporate brands (Healthline, Healthline Media, Healthgrades, Medical News Today. Psych Central, and Greatist). This role will report into the Vice President of Brand, Insights and Communications.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead communications for the #1 digital health platform and leading consumer portfolio in our category, reaching over 100 million people per month
- Build recognition, trust and affinity for RV Health brands through earned and paid media placement
- Manage a small team of communications professionals
- Pitch and secure media and speaking opportunities for RV Health subject matter experts and leadership
- Draft and prepare communications materials including press releases, statements, briefing documents, awards submissions and more
- Develop rigorous reporting and analytics systems to optimize the impact of external communications on our business goals, and on our mission to support the everyday journey to lifelong health and wellness.
- Oversee media training and development of internal subject matter experts and leadership
- Work with the integrated marketing, editorial, design teams to strategize, create, and execute omni-channel tentpole programming with revenue opportunities
- Prepare and, when needed, execute responsive external communications campaigns in partnership with RV corporate communications
- Identify and manage agency partnerships
- Cultivate strong relationships with partner teams across Red Ventures.
- Own the External Communications budget, roadmap and ROI analysis
- Inspire consumer-centric innovation through a deep commitment to understanding people and their journeys to health.
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years of public relations and external communications experience; ideally including a mix of agency, brand and startup environments
- Experience building and leading an external communications team
- Experience selecting and managing external communications agencies
- Health, wellness or media industry experience ideal
- Influential communicator and compelling storyteller
- Experience presenting to senior leaders
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.