Careers / Positions Data Writer
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Data Writer for ThePointsGuy.com with a talent for assembling and analyzing data and turning it into content that engages and informs consumers. This writer will be responsible for writing articles based on publicly available datasets, surveys, and other consumer trends within the travel and credit cards industries.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to conceive, pitch, research and develop ideas for web articles featuring qualitative and quantitative insights from publicly available datasets. The ability to identify, gather and analyze the most important pieces of data within a research document or an Excel spreadsheet is key, as well as a high level of comfort building charts and graphs using tools such as Infogram.
This writer will be expected to work closely with SEO and marketing analysts, the editorial team, PR specialists, and occasionally assist with data-heavy product guides and reviews.
What You’ll Do
- Turn spreadsheets, studies, white papers and other research materials into engaging, consumer-friendly reports/stories
- Produce high-quality, well-researched content at a fast pace
- Present data insights in a visually compelling way, working alongside the design team when necessary
- Balance changing priorities and pivot quickly to accommodate for breaking news
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities
- Update existing content (guides, comparisons, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
What We’re Looking For
- 1-3 years writing/editing experience, with a sample of bylined stories that relied on data (preferably for a consumer audience)
- Ability to translate data from a variety of sources into something workable from which insights can be easily extracted
- Ability to collaborate with content and marketing teams
- Ability to manage details and multiple projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback
- Passionate about content creation and have a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides
- Personal finance experience or knowledge of credit cards preferred, if not a history of learning about difficult topics
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.