Careers / Positions Product Designer
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Our Bankrate team is growing and we're looking for a Product Designer with a passion for user-centered design to join our Finserv Creative team. Our designers collaborate on our most complex projects by using a deep level of strategy, industry/customer research and wireframing to drive the vision of our consumer-facing experiences. You’ll partner closely with our Product Management, Content Designers and Engineering teams to help drive creative & business strategy, lending creative direction, artifacts, and expertise along the way.
At Bankrate, we believe that we can transform the Financial Services industry by creating experiences and tools that guide, empower, and demystify the complexity of financial decision-making. Join us on our mission to make financial empowerment obtainable by everyone.
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategy for complex, multi-step user flows across key Bankrate product experiences
- Solve problems, understand business goals, and explore innovative design approaches while working with product teams to plan and build iteratively.
- Create and execute detailed wireframes for both desktop and mobile platforms and turn those wireframes into high fidelity design concepts
- Help drive user experience strategy by collaborating in user-centered exercises like co-creation, design sprints, empathy mapping, and journey mapping.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to tackle product challenges, identifying user pain-points and making recommendations to drive end goals
- Engage with the engineering team to understand technical restrictions and possibilities.
- Provide UX and UI mentorship to more junior team members
- Champion consumer-first led experiences and be an advocate on behalf of our users
- Prototype designs and interactions to clearly articulate your design intentions
- Collaborate with teams and research to test your designs, then iterate and innovate based on data and findings
- Contribute to Bankrate’s design systems, help refine, and grow them
- Present and share work with cross-functional teams while clearly communicating design rationale and the importance to end-users.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of design experience working on products and websites (consumer-facing) heavily informed by design system thinking.
- Ability to create solutions from the ground up.
- Solid understanding of the concepts and processes behind design thinking, product strategy, user research, user testing, and validation
- A creative portfolio of previous design work, demonstrating empathy for users.
- Sound beliefs, loosely held; with a willingness to defend your design choices yet also have your opinion changed.
- Strong visual design sense, clean command over interaction design, typography, and usability.
- The ability to communicate design choices clearly and effectively across all functions and levels.
- Can move projects forward independently, keeping stakeholders and the team informed.
- Experience collaborating, iterating, and testing with Product and Engineering to discover solutions that exceed user expectations.
- Fluency in industry-standard tools such as Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD.
- Familiarity with front-end coding languages like HTML or CSS
- Experience with usability testing platforms such as usertesting.com
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.