Careers / Positions Photo Editor - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthgrades - a newly acquired brand under Healthline - is actively seeking an innovative, hyper-creative, Photo Editor to elevate the visual execution of our wellness, news, medical, marketing and social content. As Photo Editor, you will provide inspired, artistic and accurate imagery that furthers our storytelling and enhances our brand standards in a fast-paced digital environment that produces over 1000 articles per month. You will work cross-departmentally on the Design team and will report to the Sr. Editorial Design Manager and Photo Director.
Come (literally) change lives and build something great with us!
What You’ll Do
- Partner with design, editorial, social, product and marketing on photo research, selection and optimization for editorial content, social campaigns and marketing content.
- Purchase images from stock agencies and other sites, ensuring sources are acceptable and properly cited.
- Keep a high standard of visual execution and brand consistency across all imagery.
- Crop, retouch and optimize images for individual website specifications.
- Utilize and add assets to our Digital Asset Management System.
What We’re Looking For
- A strong portfolio and 1+ years of experience as a Photo Editor.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and graphic design experience: cropping, siloing, retouching, creating compositions and photo-collages, adding text and saving for web.
- Ability to quickly scan through stock imagery and select images that are creative, accurate, and on-brand.
- Experience working with Digital Asset Management Systems
- The confidence to explain and support your thinking, both internally and externally.
- The resilience to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines in a very fast paced environment.
- An innovative approach to photography and the ways in which images are utilized.
- A proven track record of success. Awards are cool, results are cooler.
- Ability to take direction well and work as a team.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.