Careers / Positions Senior Business Analyst - RVi & CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is currently looking for a Senior Analyst, to join the UK Finance Team. The successful candidate will provide Financial Planning and Analysis support to the Media and Commerce business unit which includes global brand such as CNET, Gamespot, and ZDNet in addition to Corporate Central services departments..As a Senior Analyst you will be responsible for maintaining weekly and monthly forecasts for all areas of the P&L with a strong focus on sales reporting and analysis. You will regularly interface with the sales leaders in the UK office to review sales pipelines and forecasts. You will also work closely with the UK accounting team to ensure accurate monthly financial reporting, including performing all month end variance analyses.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years working in finance for a global digital media company. This person will have a strong understanding of the digital advertising model. Experience working with Salesforce is a plus.
What you will do
Support Commercial Team
- Maintaining and producing weekly pipeline reporting to direct sales management (using Salesforce data)
- BI weekly forecast meeting with direct sales management
- Quarterly sales incentive calculation for direct sales team
- Ad hoc sales analysis for local sales team
- Monthly forecasting meeting with programmatic team
- Maintaining programmatic budget/forecast file
- Supporting/catch-up with product, yield
Forecast/Result/Budget Preparation and Reporting
- Maintaining UK budget/forecast (Potential to expand to include other RV Entities)
- Topline management of UK P&L
- Detailed review of UK P&L before month end closure including analysing variances against budget and prior
- Month end accruals
- Working closely with UK accounting team to rectify any anomalies
Operations Support & Industry Reporting
- Invoice approval
- Payment approval (Back-Up)
- Co-ordinate quarterly sales incentive approvals
- Adhoc Requests
- Annual IAB revenue submission
- Annual budget and target setting
What we are looking for
- At least 2 years of FP&A experience at a digital media company
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of systems (i.e. Workday, Adaptive, Salesforce)
Who We Are
- Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit redventures.com.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
- Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET