Careers / Positions Software Engineer, Credit CardsApply Now
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
At a Glance:
Red Ventures is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our team. You’ll work with many of our Red Ventures businesses, such as The Points Guy, Healthline, Bankrate and CNET. We’re looking for experienced, professional engineers with go-anywhere, do-anything attitudes to build value for our customers and our team. Yes, you should write clean, performant, testable code in a variety of languages across our microservices, but you’ll also dive into logs and metrics and take responsibility for the way your code performs in the cloud. You’ll sync with data analysts and data scientists to build rich AI-enabled experiences and make sure we can build a clear understanding of how to improve our products. You’ll have the opportunity to present interesting work and celebrate wins at our biannual internal tech conferences. We offer ambitious projects, a rich teamwork environment, space to grow your career and your skills.
What You'll Do
- Build web services that power our owned-and-operated sites as well as our affiliate platform.
- Work closely with a diverse, growing team of talented engineers
- Contribute to key architectural decisions.
- Scale, secure, maintain, and extend our platform and systems.
- Use a DevOps model, utilizing metrics and monitoring to manage our apps.
- Collaborate with our security team to identify security risks.
- Active pair-programming with teammates. Help mentor and develop talent.
- Drive formal and informal code and architecture reviews.
- Collaborate with the product management team and other engineers to deliver a quality product that meets business needs.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong Node.js Experience - Minimum of 3 years of experience required (Typescript is a plus)
- Server side experience in technologies such as Golang, PHP, Java or C#
- Working knowledge of solutions architecture on modern cloud platforms. We use AWS, but in-depth experience with other platforms is welcome.
- Experience with serverless and event driven architecture
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, object oriented programming, functional programming concepts, and software architecture.
- Experience with a variety of API paradigms such as REST, GraphQL, gRPC, Webhooks, Websockets.
- Deep knowledge of databases, data modeling, query optimization, and caching.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Working knowledge of security best practices. Ability to assess the security of a backend system, and evaluate tradeoffs to minimize risks.
- Experience educating and mentoring fellow developers
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join the team behind the ultimate credit card marketplace, and help millions of people experience the financial and personal benefits of smarter, more informed spending. CreditCards.com is a place where consumers can shop and compare the largest variety of credit card offers you can find online for free. We’re always looking for content experts, engineers, and analysts to join our growing team!Learn More about CreditCards.com
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.